Let me take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Jillian LeBourveau and I am very excited to be your child’s teacher this year! I have a Master’s Degree in Elementary Education. I spent my first years teaching kindergarten and second grade in Arizona. The last four years, I have called New Boston Central School my home. I have traveled all over the world; lived in many states and another country as a military spouse. I am proud to call New Boston my forever home. It is truly a special place.
I love being a teacher and feel that it is one of the most rewarding professions. I love children and their passion for learning. As a teacher and a mom of two, I feel as though I will provide a safe, positive and loving learning environment to your child in order for them to develop to their fullest potential academically and socially.
As you know I am only their teacher for ten months and you are their teacher for life. As their parents, you are the most important adults in their lives. You know your child’s strengths and feelings of inadequacy. With that said, you can be a tremendous source of information to me, and an invaluable extension of support for your child’s education at home. With our unified effort and commitment to your child’s education, we can be assured of a successful school year!
Here are some items to help make your child’s 2nd grade year successful. Please bring these items on the first day of school.
- 1 inch - 3 ring binder (for homework and resources used for homework throughout the year)
- 1 - two pocket folder to fit INSIDE the 3 ring binder (to organize homework and for papers home)
- Individual Pencil sharpener to keep in pencil box at school- MUST HAVE COVER TO CATCH SHAVINGS :)
- Several Glue sticks
- 3x3 post it notes - We use these a lot!
- pencil boxes will be provided, BUT if there is a certain one your child wants, feel free to bring it
- 24 pack crayola crayons
- plain yellow NO. 2 pencils
- Green Works Disinfecting Wipes (safer for little hands) We use disinfecting wipes DAILY to keep our classroom germ free as possible!
I look forward to meeting you and your family at Meet the Teacher in August!
Enjoy your summer!
(603) 487-2211 x5727